Retronauts Episode 393: The Perils of Peach
Listen in as we cover the history of the Mushroom Kingdom's princess, and her journey from Toadstool to Peach.
Over the past couple of years, we've dedicated several episodes to the legacy of the Mario franchise beyond the main man himself. The vast reach and proliferation of Mario games, combined with its relatively small cast, means their supporting characters have a unique place in video gaming that can't really be compared to those of any other series or franchise. We've looked at Mario, Toad, Yoshi, and Wario; now we wrap things up with an in-depth look at the legacy of Her Royal Highness, Princess Peach. From victim to leading lady to everything in between, Bob, Nadia, and Kat help me break down the complicated history of the young lady who may just be the single most famous woman in video games.
Art by Greg Melo; edits by Greg Leahy.
- 12:04 - Super Mario Bros. 3: Ending
- 22:41 - Super Smash Bros. Ultimate: Super Mario Bros. 2 Ground Theme Remix
- 29:35 - The Super Mario Bros. Super Show Theme (Instrumental)
- 34:26 - Super Mario Advance 4: Opening
- 42:33 - NES Open Tournament Golf: Pause/Save Screen
- 52:08 - Super Mario Kart: Congratulations
- 58:08 - Mario's Tennis: Results / Super Mario 64: Ending Demo
- 1:06:32 - Paper Mario The Thousand Year Door: Intro Story
- 1:19:01 - Super Princess Peach: Fury Volcano (Version 2)
- 1:25:49 - Super Mario 3D World: Sunshine Seaside
- 1:33:20 - Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle: Peach's Castle
- Closing - Fortune Street (Wii): Peach's Castle (Super Mario RPG Happy Kingdom Remix)
Retronauts is a completely fan-funded operation. To support the show, and get exclusive episodes every month, please visit the official Retronauts Patreon.