YouTube Round-up | For the whole world to see...
Once again, it's time for the YouTube round-up. As always, there's a whole bunch of vids - some big, some small. But hopefully they'll set the weekend off just right for you! Let's have a look at what's been going down.
- Norman Caruso, AKA The Gaming Historian, has released his long-awaited video on the story of Tetris. Even if you know the story, it's most certainly one of the most interesting ones in the entire history of gaming -- so it's surely worth a watch.
- Turbo Button, a YouTuber that releases videos fairly rarely, has a new one out about the way that the almighty PS2 game God Hand tests your skills. Even though in the end, it's just a game about punching people.
- The almighty DJ Slope has a little taste of some cereal. But not just any cereal -- it's SUPER MARIO cereal. Surely that's worth the price of admission, isn't it? Even if it's probably all sugary and fatty and generally rubbish like most inferior American cereals are.
- Lindsay Ellis has a new video about Bright, the film starring Will Smith that very desperately wants to be Shadowrun but isn't and is directed by a guy who once did a cool vid about wrestling but is otherwise kind of a shithead, just like his dad. If that interests you, go watch.
- Ashens has a look at some figures that were made for the film Last Action Hero. It's a beautiful day, and it would be good if you took a 360 (180, you spaghetti sucking cretin) and watched this video before you end up icing a guy and heading into a world of acne, shaving and premature ejaculation.
- As far as personal videos go...well, ContraPoints' latest, on autogynephila, is pretty great. Like, even if you don't have all that much interest in what she's talking about. Seriously, it's an epic.
- Although wrestling isn't video games, it's fairly likely that you're into it. Wrestling With Wregret, AKA Brian Zane, has a video on one of the most ill thought-out promotions there's ever been -- born again Christian Vince Russo's Ring of Glory. A great vid from Jim Cornette's son.
- Techmoan talks about a very odd and very short-lived format, the CD Video. Seriously, it's not completely like Laserdiscs, or LaserVision! Even if it totally is! Don't look over there!
- Errant Signal has a video about one of the more strange and unique games out there currently, Getting Over It. It's very popular Twitch fodder due to the amount of rage it causes, but there's a lot more lurking there, especially when it comes to the history of purely trashy games.
- Finally, ChinnyVision has a video about a demo -- Bad Apple, which is on, of all computers, the BBC Micro. As he says, he doesn't usually show a demo off unless it's pretty awesome -- and in the case of Bad Apple, it totally is.
And so, there's another load of videos to set you good and right for the next couple of days -- certainly enough to fill up your weekend. Do please join me next week for another load of goodness but anyway, that's it for the moment! As always, thanks for watch...um, reading.